Sunday, December 26, 2010

Progress

I've never been a fan of politics. I see that it is needed but I find it far from perfect. But that is a reality that we must live in. I felt a bit ignorant in my history when I entered the UN in Geneva. I had learned all of my middle and high school history lessons but felt as if it hadn't been enough. This never occurred to me for some reason until I entered this campus of international politics. Sure, I hadn't slept well in a few days not to mention traveling is always tiring but for some reason, for the first time in my life, I felt as if what had and is still happening today, was for the betterment and advancement of the human race. It seemed a little touristy to walk around reading the little history slates around and checking out the museum and gift store but by the end our small tour, as we sat and had coffee in the lounge, I felt reassured that regardless of mankind's flaws, we are generally good people looking towards the future. Leaving the United Nations of Geneva, I already felt a little more at home in Europe. I felt that it was okay to say "good morning" to total strangers and just to make a nice conversation ask them how they were doing that day.

My father showed me a little bit around downtown Geneva and we soon continued onward to Montreux.

1 comment:

  1. Good Post Cyrille... you write well and can express yourself good. I had a blog for my 17 weeks in Ecuador with blogspot too... yonseilidaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete