Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ça Commence

Dec. 20, 6:52 a.m., Paris, France
It’s snowing. I can’t remember the last time I saw it snow, must have been at least a year and a half, two years. It feels good being back in Europe, cold as hell, but good.
Time is a funny thing. When flying through time zones, if timed tight, you can start thinking the sun no longer exists. You get five hour days and twenty five hour nights. It’s seven in the morning local time, shouldn’t it start getting light out at least by now? If the phenomenon of jet-lag were to ever effect me, it would be because of that; living on the moons terms for a day, and maybe the sun’s for a night. I’m not yet at my final destination, but, j’ai déjà commencé à penser en français. Ca me fait du bien de savoir que je n'ai pas tout perdu.

Dec. 21, 12:00p.m., Montreux, Switzerland
I’ve made it to Montreux. After finishing my last entry, I got on the plane to Geneva. Half an hour after I sit down in the plane, the pilot gets on the intercom stating that the Paris airport just closed due to snow and we have a minimum of an hour to wait. Two hours delayed, we finally depart. One hour later, I pick up my suitcase and walk out to the streets of Geneva. After meeting up with my father, he tells me that we’re going to first eat lunch at the UN.

No comments:

Post a Comment